Roundtable discussion on Romania’s current gambling issues
Reading Time: 2 minutes
The Association of Distance Gambling Organizers (Asociația Organizatorilor de Jocuri de Noroc la Distanță) and Casino Inside offered an exciting event
The Association of Distance Gambling Organizers (Asociația Organizatorilor de Jocuri de Noroc la Distanță), a representative association of the largest and most respected authorized gambling operators in Romania, held the first working meeting last month in the Fortuna Hall of the Intercontinental Hotel, Bucharest dedicated to the latest developments in the countries gambling regulation.
The meeting was honored by the presence of several officials:
- Liliana Kleininger, Vice-President of the Competition Council
- Daniel Staicu, President of ONPCSB
- Lilian Onescu, Secretary General ANAF
- Rodica Tuchilă, ARB Executive Director
- Mihăiţă Ruiu, Director of Authorization Division, ONJN
- Tudor Simota, Director of Control Department, ONJN
- Alexandru Enăchescu, Chief Commissioner, Economic Police
- Dana Cristina Matache, GDPR Expert, lawyer
- Iulian Matache, GDPR Expert, lawyer
- Monica Gubernat, Member of CNA
- Odeta Nestor, President of ADGO
- Dr. Sorin Constantinescu, gambling expert
The Roundtable discussion was a good opportunity for authorities, gaming operators and media outlets to be together and to discuss and share information, ideas and opinions about the latest and upcoming trends in the industry.
“There is a need for industry to continuously participate in debates and to support authorities in improving the regulatory framework,” said Odeta Nestor, ADGO President. “We are a success story at European level, and the effects are particularly good, reflected by players’ satisfaction and the contribution of the field to Romania’s economic development,” added Nestor.
Organized in partnership with CasinoInside, the event approached subjects such as:
- Competition in the gambling industry
- Problems encountered by gaming operators in relation to banking institutions in our country
- Latest Tax Changes in Gambling
- Draft Law on the Prevention and Combating of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing on Transposition of
- EU Directive 2015/849 into national legislation
- The CNA Order on Gambling Advertising
- Implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation.
In conclusion, the event organized in June at the initiative of the Association of Distance Gaming Organizers (ADGO) was a majir success and arose from the continued need of our gaming industry to discuss and debate the stringent issues of this moment and willingness to support state authorities to improve the current regulatory framework.
The gaming industry has reached a high level of transparency and regulation precisely because of this type of events.
Source: European Gaming Industry News